Many of us would like to consider ourselves a bit of a ‘foodie’; how accurate this is really comes down to personal opinion. Whether you have refined taste buds or just like to eat, there is no way the term ‘foodie’ can be used to describe you if you haven’t been to an Eastwood Vietnamese Restaurant. Anyone with a love of food should go out and try as many different cuisines as possible. You’re not the only one to have had Italian, Chinese or even Thai; so be a little adventurous by opting for an Eastwood Vietnamese restaurant next time you go out for dinner. As this is a more specialist cuisine, you may feel a little apprehensive and not know what to expect; so to help you out, here is a list of everything you need to know before visiting an Eastwood Vietnamese restaurant.
- One aspect of experiencing the food from this culture that may surprise you is the way they dine. In most countries food is brought out to you with the already assembled meal, however, when you go to an Eastwood Vietnamese Restaurant it will probably be a little different. After ordering, the dishes will be brought out to your table in segments, and you will be left to put the food together to your liking. Depending on what you order, you will probably have bowls of noodles, fried rice, sauces, meat and vegetables. The great thing about this style of dining is that you can decide how much of each dish you want. It is a unique way of dining, but don’t be shocked or alarmed by it- it’s all part of the fun!
- The dining style at Eastwood Vietnamese restaurants is well suited for groups. So if you are looking for somewhere to go with lots of friends, or for a family get together, this could be the cuisine for you. It is also a great option if you’ve invited some picky eaters- fear not, they wont ruin it for the rest of you! They can just nibble at what they like, as it’s also possible to use as much, or as little spice as you want. The fun, interactive style of dining is certainly a conversation starter, and it can be a lot of fun enjoying all the unique flavors together.
- What’s better than delicious food? The answer is simple: healthy delicious food! The locals from Vietnam know how to use fresh ingredients to get the best flavors without having to add excess oil, cornstarch or preservatives. It’s all about fresh veggies, meats and spices. If you’re a fan of spring rolls, but hate how oily they sometimes are, you need to try a Vietnamese one. They are made with rice flour so they are a lot lighter than their Chinese brothers, but still flavorful. This means you can eat as many as you want without feeling guilty, which is always a bonus!
- A fun fact that you might not know about the food from Vietnam is that it is season dependent. What this means is that during the summer, the dishes are mainly vegetable based, making them lighter on the palate (and the stomach); whereas during the winter months, more meats are used.
- When you think of Asian food, you are unlikely to think of sweet treats. But, the interesting thing about this cuisine, is that they offer desserts too! An authentic dessert consists of rice, sago and seasonal fruit. Cakes are also on offer, wrapped in either coconut or banana leaves. So there is something for those of you with a bit of a sweet tooth!